Sunday, June 25, 2023

Single Handed - smoggy

I rode to the club for a 9:30 skippers' meeting.  Saturday was a supposed to be a rainy day

I tow Lara up to the race course.

11 nm course.  

Very light winds. 




It seemed most boats sailed out to the middle of the lake and had problems getting to the first mark AD28, but I stayed on course and made better speed or less distance.

After passing Lara, I figured we could not make AD20 and decided to be smart and tack long before getting to AD20.  In the end, Lara made it there well before me. Learn learn and learn more.

I did the first circuit and it was determined we could not finish the race within the 5-hour time limit.













Lake was smoggy from forest fires.  Montreal was the worst city for pollution today.

Thanks Ryan for these photos 







Bought the skippers a beer


Left for Pointe-Claire afterwards to see the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...