Sunday, June 25, 2023

Pointe Claire for fireworks NOT

After the single-handed race, I sailed to Pointe-Claire in the smog.  Decided to dock at PCYC to get some supper instead of cooking.  PCYC bar was closed due to smog.  I walked Lake Shore and decided to order a small deluxe from GiGi.  Same menu as last year.

Activities at Alexandre-Bourgeau Park were cancelled due to smog.

I was starting to be tired and dizzy and congested.

I returned to the club and decided to eat at the dock and spend the night there.  


The following day, I departed PCYC at 8, which was still foggy on the lake.  The forecast was stormy later that morning, so I sailed around for a while in the smog.  Came back to the harbour at 10 ish. 

I worked on the boat, cleaning and preparing for our downriver trip.

Then I did the Adult Sailing course with Hani, Benoit and Saladhine.  They seemed to have lost the skills from last week's lessons.  I was very annoyed.

The crew was useless.  Last week they did much better and today was a disaster with docking and gybing.  I was frustrated, very frustrated with them. 

Ominous CB clouds were forming but nothing came of it. In fact, the winds died and we had to paddle back.














I biked back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...