Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Atomic IV not starting and single handed sailing

 Last night Astri's Atomic IV died after the race as she entered the harbour.  She called me to see if I can investigate.  

I got a pump out and put in 40 litres of diesel.  I estimated she needed 55 to 60 litres.  I think she could use another 20 litres.  We shall see when we refuel for Lake St Francis.

I tried sailing to PCYC but the winds were too light so I lit up the iron sail.  Got to PCYC at 11h50. 

The Atomic IV started right away.  We had a beer and tried her again. She was not so easy to start and she idled roughly.  We increased the idle speed and it ran better.  Maybe some carb cleaner or fresh fuel.  


I departed PCYC and sailed around, anchored at sandbars for a swim and then sailed to Ile Perrot and back to the sandbars to anchor for supper of trout and spent the night.  

The next morning was dead calm and the boat was full of bugs.  I motored back to the club, washed the boat and rescheduled Christine for a later sailing lesson due to lack of winds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...