Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunset, Sturgeon Moon, windy night sail

It was hot and I wanted to do a bike ride.  I tidied up the boat, put away after the AQVA, replaced the furling headsail.  

JP came into his dock with his recently repaired Talisman.  Honked the horn to welcome him back.

In the clubhouse, I met Andrew at the club desperately looking for crew to help him get through the Cote St Catherine and St. Lambert locks.  We had a short chat and I decided to crew for him tomorrow morning.

It was just too hot so I rounded up Mona and Stephan and we departed at 2:30PM for a quick sail.  The winds were good. We sailed past the sandbar and decided to go for a short swim that left us at anchor for the rest of the day.

Supper was chicken, ribs hot dogs and corn.  Winds picked up and I had trouble with the BBQ but it finally did the job.

The sunset was less than spectacular but okay, the moon was behind clouds so we did not get the red moon as we did the previous two days but once above the clouds it wag great.

A real fast sail coming back to the club in the dark at 9ish.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...