Tuesday, August 24, 2021

GNS with Syvlie

We had an exciting race with Sylvie and Serge and Audette.  Robert and Audette never sailed before but Robert was in the Canadian navy.        

Maud had car problems and could not make it.

I did some groceries with the intention to stay overnight for two nights.


They were at the pool and when I arrived, we decided to depart early - at 5.

Winds were very strong - 13 to 15 knots and I decided not to reef. We motored to the Gut and put up the main and jib.  Sylvie steered.  Heeling was strong as winds increased.  I reefed.


We had a good approach to the start but were 30 seconds late.  Slow Dancer was barged out by us.

We had a great first triangle and shook out the reef at the first beat.

Nice sail back to the club.  

We had a quick dock as I departed after dropping off the PAX.


Last Tuesday Race.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...