Monday, August 2, 2021

Five days of single handed bliss

On Monday I did groceries and did some quick repairs on the sharks, 

I thought I had about 10 litres but the fuel gauge showed empty. I went to the fuel dock at 17h but the pumps closed at 15h.  I went up and de-spidered the masthead.  I looked down and saw yellow tanks on Quetzal.

I borrowed 20 litres of diesel from Maurice and at 17h30, I sailed to Grande Anse taking about 2.5 hours.  Had a nice evening with salmon steak.  


The next morning, Tuesday I lingered around and at 1h30 I pulled anchor with great difficulties - first wrapping the rode on the keel. And then there was the weed and mud.  It took almost an hour to clear things out or an hour of battery charging.

I had a very nice sail around the main lake in 15-18 knots of winds. At 16h30, I decided to sail to Ste Annes.  Dowkers was very full.  Halfway up Dowkers, I had to motor.  I motored to St. Annes and tied up on the south wall since the north dock was very full.  The wall and area looked brand new.  I walked around for a couple hours and then motored to anchor outside of Ile Perrot.  They were finishing their race and I observed their mobile mark / RC boat.  Supper was hamburgers.

Early Wednesday morning the winds were forecast to die so I took off by sail to the windmill point channel and motored through the channel.  No real problems with depth in this low water season.  On the other side, I sailed for a couple hours making very little upwind progress so I motored towards Beauharnois and then sailed slowly tacking to Soulanges.  The wind had veered northward.



 A platoon boat was hogging the whole block so I anchored out near the entrance.  Made myself some chicken liver and onions for lunch.

The coast guard auxiliary was playing with their Robot.

I motored to the ramp/dock and walked the peninsula and the campground.  As I came back to Bellum, I came by Elixar who was on vacation.

I had chicken supper aboard and had a nice evening.

Thursday I washed Bellum and then dinghy to Melocheville Marina at 2.2 knots and then came back, leaving 21 percent on the Torqeedo.  

For supper, I reheated leftover hamburger and chicken with sweet potatoes and bok choy.

Friday morning was supposed to be good winds so did a zero-carbon departure at 8 and sailed slowly back to the club in failing winds.



The stats for my venture was: 5047 5102 = 55 miles and 4.3 hours on motor

Mission Accomplished.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...