Saturday, August 14, 2021

Boat problems - furler missing screws - bad crimp on engine panel breaker - Centurion pin

The morning started with a trip out on Gaucho to try out the spinnaker. It was too windy so we came back and I did my Yoga class.

Did a walk around the boat and discovered two screws were missing from the furler that held the arms that protected the turnbuckle from being banged by the anchor.  I had three screws in stock so I used them with blue Loctite.

I cleaned up the boat, polished the stainless binnacle grab bar, wheel and pushpit.

The club had a ceremony celebrating member milestones and I got a pin for ten years, after 16 years of membership.




Afterwards, I left the harbour to anchor out.  I was windy from the west-northwest.  The boat was healing a lot and things got thrown around and I lost one white fender.  I had to use the engine a couple of times to stay in the channel.  It was difficult to tack.  The last time the engine panel had no power, no buzzer and the starter would not turn.  I stabilized the boat and removed the engine cover to use an engine turning switch I installed for decompression and bleeding  The engine started and I went back to the harbour and started debugging  The panel now worked.

The first thing I checked was an automatic breaker for engine panel power.  One of the two crimps came off in my hands.  Recrimped it and all is good.

The headsail was ripped near the spreader.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...