Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday sail with Anna

Again we were supposed to have a full crew for FFR but stuff happens.  I invited Anna to sail in the afternoon before the FFR race.

I regreased the port main winch.  It was seeking and when I opened her up, I think I might not have greased a major bushing.  I greased the starboard bushing too.  While getting diesel for cleaning, I drained the primary fuel filter.  I notice the packing was dripping a bit too much so I tightened that too.  I also wire the Pro Nautic charger to the telecom batteries.  All good.

Redline went out and I followed shortly with Anna at 1315.  Darla cancelled for racing so I invited Anna.  She arranged for a dog keeper to take care of her dog.

Small biting house flies were biting us.  Redline decided to return to the harbour.

Winds were very quirky.

We sailed around unable to tack toward the Gut because of the winds' continual changing of direction - sometimes more than 45 degrees.

We eventually motored to the gut and harbour to make it for the race meeting just before 5PM.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...