Friday, August 20, 2021

Lunch with Allan and Mike followed by Friday Fun Race with Christine and Tim

I took down the damaged furling headsail and Alain bought it to the Boathouse for me.  I biked there to show Rock the problem.  Lorianne agreed to bring the sail back to the club.  

Crew shirts
Allan came and we had lunch at the club with Mike.  Mike was driving Allan to the airport so I got a lift with him to the boathouse to pick up the repaired sail.


Again it was lots of crew juggling for FFR, Nicole did not show up, Jimmy did not show up Mark and Louise decided/chose to sail with children.  

So it was Christine and Tim and I went out.  I arranged a tow for Ryan and Lauren's shark no 5.

We sailed the 155 and had major differences between port and starboard tack. About 20 degrees.  The masthead instruments were cleaned recently.  Later I inspected the masthead instrument and it was clean.

We had passed the Gut and were sailing almost close haul.  Antanazas was under motor towing Shark No 5 to the Friday Fun race area.  

Andanzas was coming up on my starboard side and hailed that a boat towing has right of way over a sailing boat and then made a distinctive turn towards us.  I hailed back my sailboat has right of way and you have no obstruction.  He did not react so I headed up to a very close haul to get out of her way.  What an asshole.

Tim was very focused on sail trim and points of sail and Christine was focusing on holding a course.  We did not do too well, winds died so we abandoned the race in light winds to make it back in time for supper.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...