Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Single handed - two nights

After dropping off Sylvie, Audette and Serge after the Tuesday race at 8PM, I took off motoring to the Gut.  I found Redline was at Dowkers South so I put up the sails and tacked to Dowkers South.  Redline was dead upwind.  

It was two days after the Sturgeon moon. Very nice,

Redline was trying to get DCS position requests and Radar to find me.  Unfortunately, the wind kept Redline with her mast between the radar and the main lake.  I flashed my steaming and deck lights and  Bingo, he could see me.

I anchored at 10:45 after two and half hours of sailing.  Opened a beer. Supper was a quick portobello mushroom and a couple of Tuna kebabs I got at IGA.  

Slept very well.  

The next morning I lingered around. Norm dinghied by.  


About 3 I pulled anchor and sailed around in variable winds.  The winds were much better earlier but I had missed them. 

Anchored at the Sandbars.

The port main winch was squeaking and acting up.

Had confit canard with some pan-fried potatoes.

The next morning was windy about 12 knots.  Started the motor to pull anchor and then had a good/great sail to SL33 and the notorious SL34 which had not moved since the single-handed race.

Came back to the harbour and prepared to service the winch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...