Friday, July 29, 2022

FFR



Sylvie, Louise, Ken and Vreg came out. Sylvie was rather passive, Ken was rusty - for his qualifications, Vreg was somewhat passive and Louise eagerly took upon to racing. Sylvie was very quiet.  

We sailed to the gut in a western wind, after the lighthouse and through the gut.  Louise steered most of it.

I took over the helm after the gut due to traffic on the water.  I took the start as the winds were quite strong.  We shared the steering afterwards.  Louise was annoyed because she did not understand the start but we were way too busy to explain things once the starting sequence started. But we had a very good start. 

It was a very good race for us.  We came in fourth behind Antanzas, Espresso and Just Now who apparently DNF.  Had a beer while running back to the club.  We got the pickup line at the dock but failed to hook it up to the winch and I had to back up rubbing against Flirtation's anchor again.  Vreg was very good at helping me untangle the mess.

Ken bought me a burger at supper.  I sat with the two Sylvies and Louise.

It was generally agreed that they were glad we did not cancel the race due to winds exceeding 15 knots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...