Saturday, July 9, 2022

Saturday with Natalia

 I was hoping to sail with Sylvie at sail week but she never invited me.  

I called Natalia and she was very down about finalizing the transfer of her sailboat.  She had hoped to bring it through the locks to Lake St. Louis

Natalia's sailing skills had considerably improved since last year.

She was full of knots, and lots of stress from her boat closing.

We spent the night anchored at Grand Anse.  We had to re-anchor because a power boat hosting a bridal shower had drifted towards us.




Supper was rib steak, papers, potatoes and red wine.

Got up early the next morning and motored back for the Single-Handed Race.  The winds were very light. I had to decide if I wanted Natalia to change head sail for the Single-Handed Race.  The forecast was marginal for the 135 or 155.  I kept the 135.  It was a good decision.  



.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...