Sunday, July 10, 2022

Single Handed Race

What a race today.  The forecast was light winds and I decided to keep the 135 rather than change it to the 155 with Natalia's help.

Skipper's meeting - we decided to start at 11:30 in the hope of better winds later in the morning.

It was very windy.  I sailed through Allan Hill bay and to the start.  I had problems with the anchor coming off the velcro anti-sway strap came off.

I then hurt a big thump and I had hit Regallia broad-side.  I was port, Regalia was starboard.  She had not seen me until late and I did not see her behind the sails until she passed me.

He was examining the boat and it was obvious nobody was injured and we both contained to do the race.

Bellulm's start was 33 seconds after Slow Dancer II with her new handicap.  Slow Dancer was starboard running the line late and I had to duck behind her to get a good start.  

I lead the fleet until Just Now passed me.  I challenged Slow Dancer back and forth on different tacks as Just now moved forward.  At the infamous SLVYRA 34, Just Now was looking for 34 and seemed to have given up, I looked to the left and found it, and as I was heading there, Slow Dancer saw me and tacked to the mark.  I made it there first and went around her followed by Treize and the rest of the fleet.  Treize eventually passed me and nobody passed me until Khaleesi just before the finish line, making me 3rd.  Khalessi only races this race and previously came in second several times.





Back at the club, Luc bought two pitchers of beer, since he won the race.

We were all very tired.  I wandered around like a zombie.  

Helped Sylvie retrieve her lazy jack from halfway up the mast with my Bosen's chair.


Damage to Regalia

Damage to Bellum


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...