Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Rest at Grande Anse

I got up aboard and planned to spend some time on the lake.  

Brian had problems letting his main sail down and decided to change the masthead sheaves. He asked me if I wanted to do the same since he was driving to EBSpar.  I told him I would like to change my jib sheave since the Jib Halyard was giving me problems.

We changed Slow Dancer first and added a messenger line for a spare Jib Halyard.  Then we did Bellum, replacing the Jib Sheeave and spinnaker rollers.

Afterwards, I headed out to Grande Anse at 4:30, sailing until 8:30.  Anchored sans carbon.  



Moon was obscured by clouds.


So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way  Jone Mitchell 


Spent most of Wednesday at anchor until 5:30 when I decided to go out for a sail. And then I decided to race single-handed. Missed the start by one minute and finished dead last.  

I sailed back to Grand Anse and anchored. 

Friday morning, I pulled anchor at 10:30 and drifted without any winds until 12:30 and then slowly sailed to the club by 2PM.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...