Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tuesday Race with Emma and Syvie

Maud was in Columbia.  Emma and Sylvie and I came out in 20 knot gusting 30.  

We thought of putting up the No. 3, but the west winds would have made that difficult.  Emma arrived at 17:20 so we headed out early with reefed jib and main.  We went around the light house tacking to the Gut and to the race area.  Emma steered.

The boat did not head up well.  We readjusted the jib reef due to slipping fuller line.

We had a false start that appeared excellent, but my timing seemed one minute off so we went around and started port around the pin.

Lots of boats were having problems with the wild winds.  We finished last, but we did race.

I did not have supper at the club and I biked home to prepare to move Natalia's boat from St. Lambert Yacht Club to Lake St. Louis.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Spontanious sail and anchorage Grand Anse - PCYC

I biked to the club on Thursday for the Tactics and rules seminar by Peter Hall and Joe Jospe.  I stayed on board afterwards.  It was cold. ...